Product/Mechanical Engineer- ProE
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 228991
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
· Assists in preparing recommendations for the design and development of new products or changes in existing products.
· Assists in the planning of detailed product development objectives.
· Participates in the preparation of sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
· Participating in the review of results to determine that such products perform in the intended manner.
· Prepares prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility.
· Assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies to minimize the items procured, manufactured and inventoried.
· Learns product engineering basics while assisting in the development of new and improved products.
Supports the planning of detailed product development objectives. Participates in the preparation of sketches, design layouts and other specifications. Provides support in review of results to determine that products perform in the intended manner. Participates in preparing semi-complex prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility. Assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies. Participates in maintaining detailed and comprehensive records of all inventive ideas, designs and basic improvements. Provides support in documenting product issues for future and problem resolution
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years experience with ProE/Creo
- Product Development or design experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PowerPanel/Switchboard/Switchgear (or similar products application or design experience)
- Electrical schematics understanding
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.