Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Georgia-NorcrossAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Technical DiplomaTravel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Building Automation Controls Specialist II will play a key role in the design, installation, and implementation of all technical aspects of Building Automation Systems. These will be newly installed BAS systems in retrofit or newly constructed buildings. This role will focus on Higher Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Office, Pharmaceutical and manufacturing in the Atlanta metro area and Georgia.
• Works with project management and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs.
• Designs and creates all custom software programs, point database and graphics that are used with the BAS, workstations and website interfaces.
• Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
• Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
• Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
• Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces and network devices.
• Confirms proper network performance.
• Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
• Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
• Provides plans, control system documents and sequence of operations to application engineering for record drawings.
• Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
• Experience and/or certification in programming, integration (Modbus), Bacnet, Tridium, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Automated Logic are a plus.
• A minimum of 3-6 years experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or Owner/Operator.
• Associates Degree or similar education or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
• Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems.
• Must have knowledge of computers and MS Suite software products.
• Strong documentation and communication skills desired.
• Independent, self learner and high desire for high quality products and systems.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!