Buyer - Manufacturing
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 229011
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit:
Working in Tactical Purchasing Dept., supporting material availability to production. Serve as liaison between Supply Chain and Production Control. Responsible for ordering and executing supply chain strategies in order to deliver quality products on time to meet production order start dates. Expedite material shortages as well as developing long term solutions to mitigate such shortages.
Responsible for asset management (optimize inventory turns), material availability, supplier delivery reliability, non-conforming good returns, material scheduling/presentation to the receiving dock, issue resolution regarding shipment/invoice discrepancies, purchase price change. Supporting role in strategic supplier development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 plus years experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take on project management ownership and execute on daily activities.
- Detail and Results oriented
- Excellent priority setting ability
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Must be familiar with supplier on-time delivery goals/metrics, examples to be provided
- At a minimum, experience with preferred sourcing models
- Complete understanding of inventory management
- Proven experience with supplier audits and tools used
- Experience with the coordination of supplier workshops
- Familiar with commercial contracts, logistics agreements or quality agreements
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve processes
- Cross functional experiences with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Strong Excel skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience in make or engineer to order environment
- VBA knowledge
- International buying experience
- Import experience