Process Industries and DrivesBusiness Unit:
DF / PD SalesRequisition Number:
United States-Tennessee-NashvilleAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for
engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally
for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in
eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power
Generation Services, Energy Management,
Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and
Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers
increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for
plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire
lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens
helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and
challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry – Industrial Sales division is searching for a highly professional Sales Engineer/Specialist with a passion for customer engagement and satisfaction. This position is located in the Tennessee area. Your goal will be to enhance customer productivity, efficiency and flexibility through Process Automation products (DCS and associated automation components) and Process Automation Solutions within a defined geography.
This is a direct sales position focused on the sale of process automation products and solutions. The Account Manager is responsible to manage existing process automation account relationships, prospect and develop new accounts, define opportunities and manage those to closure using the established sales and opportunity tracking methodology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US
The top candidate will exceed sales revenue goals by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
• Understanding their market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
• Build and maintain a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
• Building long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solutions partners and channel partners.
• Preparing presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
• Professionally escalate and expedite customer issues
• Developing a personal sales strategy that maximizes the return on time investment.
• Engaging business unit technical and industry experts+ to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
• Leveraging customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information.
• Serve as a contact point for the customer during the implementation of defined project opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Sales and customer service abilities
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
• Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
• Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
• Travel: Up to 50%
• Main Focus: Strong customer engagement skills including ability to organize technical presentations and demonstrations at targeted accounts and opportunities. Candidate needs proven ability to develop agendas addressing the customer’s key needs and interests to ensure the necessary technical and/or marketing resources are scheduled and prepared to support the presentation. Demonstrates customer focus by meeting and continuously exceeding customer expectations. Ability to drive sales approach across territorial/regional boundaries and “teaming” with other Process Industries Account Managers is critical as well as “teaming” with the Area Sales Engineers/Account Managers for the sale of other products controlled by or communicating to by the Process Automation System (Variable Speed Drives, MCC’s, Switchgear, Instrumentation). Teamwork and interpersonal savvy are critical for the position. Ability to introduce process control products and technologies to target accounts with incumbent competitive products. Proven ability handle multiple / competing priorities.
Candidate requires technical knowledge sufficient to discuss viable solutions/network layouts, etc. with targeted customers without the need for a technical specialist in every meeting. Technical knowledge requirements include: the ability to articulate the advantages and specific requirements for implementation of our Process Automation Systems; understanding of the components - CPU, I/O etc., ability to conceptually lay out a system based on the application, number of control loops and I/O count; ability to discuss the connectivity to our controllers and third party controllers and communication protocol requirements; Knowledge of other automation components including MCC’s, Drives, Instrumentation The candidate must be able to articulate what differentiates our solution from competitor’s solutions noting the distinctive and unique selling points of our solutions.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• BS in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering preferred
• 5+ years of sales or related experience (or equivalent background in a customer facing process automation role)
• Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Guides unit to achieve business objectives at key accounts (for example, penetration of account with product/solution/service offerings). May identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals. Leverages Siemens global reach to influence decisions on projects for delivery to the customer in the US, or purchased by the customer in the US. Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals. Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization. Assists management in devising sales plans and strategies. May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels. May form account teams and coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales. May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts