Engineer in Training
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 229024
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to take on the challenge of powering our country?
What is the Engineer in Training Program?
The Engineer in Training (EIT) Program positions you to be a Field Service Engineer who travels to power plants across the Globe. In this role, you will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators.
The 12-month training program combines comprehensive coursework and hands-on training at Siemens facilities in Orlando, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. You will also experience on-the-job training as a member of one of our field teams that work at power plants across the U.S.
Areas in which you will receive training in:
- Supervising technicians and mechanics
- Upgrading mechanical, electrical systems on turbine generators to increase power output and efficiency
- Disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling turbines and generators
- collaborating with our worldwide engineering staff
- performing specialized mechanical and electrical testing
- analyzing equipment operation
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers and educators, developing skills that include:
- Equipment design and maintenance
- Job site safety
- Project management
- Siemens business systems
EIT program participants are full-time employees with full benefits. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be assigned and must be willing to live within 60 miles of one of the following locations:
- Locations in Central & South Florida
- Locations in the eastern US
- Deer Park, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Milwaukee, WI
- Pittsburgh, PA
Program start dates are in January 2019 and June 2019.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We are looking for people who prefer hands-on work and are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the success of the company, our customers and the world.
- Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- A focus on Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Power, Marine, or Facilities engineering disciplines is preferred
- You must complete all degree requirements by the program state date, but no more than six years prior.
- 2.8 GPA (preferred)
- You must be willing to relocate
- Willingness to work away from your home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week.
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required