Data Governance/Master Data Specialist
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 229034
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Data Governance/Master Data Specialist performs activities required to create, change, and validate material master data. This position supports In-vivo and In-vitro service parts business. Data Governance/Master Data Specialist reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Materials.
Performs all activities related to master data management including:
Responsible for Data Entry in SAP.
Perform basic statistical and relational analysis of large data sets to identify and correct inconsistencies
Validate changes to master data (Material Master, Information Record, Source List and Outline Agreements) as approved by the business.
Review/process requests to create, change, extend, block / unblock, activate / deactivate, or otherwise modify master data.
Communicate with Business Areas to thoroughly understand business requirements and impact of master data changes.
React to escalation notices to expedite creation or changes to master data by prioritizing and rebalancing other requests.
Apply business rules and best practices when reviewing requests to identify errors; reject, escalate or remediate errors .
Mult-task in a multi-functional environment.
Work closely with other internal and external business partners throughout the organization.
- Ability to understand the various data flags and components of each master data object and how it relates to downstream SAP processes and transactions
- Understand impact of changes within the master data across all SAP domains
- Support any ongoing SAP projects with all master data related support including preparation for Mass loads for various master data objects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- BA/BS in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in a related field.
- Ability to consistently apply standard policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and resolve questions and problems independently
- Very good oral and written communication skills with ability to furnish concise information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, high transaction team environment. Complete work within defined service targets in situations with tight turnarounds and deadlines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Highly experienced in MS Excel/Access as well as the other MS Office tools. Candidate should be able to creating macros and queries.
- Experience using Quadrate or Winshuttle a plus.
- SAP and SAP-Master Data Management experience preferred
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments