Manager, Customer Service Engineering
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 229058
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The incumbent will be responsible within Ultrasound Customer Services (CS) for the direct management of the Serviceability Engineering and Service Documentation team members and their associated responsibilities across the entire Ultrasound product portfolio. This position will manage assigned employees in all Ultrasound locations globally (currently within USA and Korea) either as direct manager and/or with functional responsibilities (matrixed organization). You will report directly to the Director of Service Lifecycle Management. Roadmap for Serviceability feature definition in close alignment with the business and strategic goals of Ultrasound and Customer Services will be your main operating guideline. You will guide and motivate your team as they drive service concept definition, development of new service features and requirement engineering, feature realization, validation, and service documentation development from new product development throughout the product lifecycle. You are responsible for product assignments within your team, including yourself, ensuring these key responsibilities are met within each product steering group.
- Responsibility for planning, scheduling, controlling and resources
- Establishes agreements on assignment content, quality, costs, and deadlines
- Determines resource allocation, prioritization, and distribution of work
- Manages tasks, projects, and status of deliverables
- Anticipates limitation/constraints with early identification of discrepancies and initiates appropriate measures to ensure completion
- Identifies and drives throughout the service lifecycle opportunities for improving processes, product quality, and costs in close alignment with appropriate partners and stakeholders
- Throughout the product service lifecycle, identifies and assesses risks and develops suitable strategies for risk mitigation (elimination, reduction) in close alignment with appropriate partners and stakeholders
- Sets and communicates goals and strategy within the team for not only CS but for other stakeholders as the business requires
- Responsible to drive implementation of the Ultrasound CS service feature roadmap
- Recruiting and hiring: Works with HR and hiring managers to recruit candidates for team positions and coordinates and conducts interviews of candidates
- Conducts performance reviews with direct reports to discuss position objectives and performance, and to provide direction for development
- Provides coaching to direct reports to improve competencies and to achieve individual professional and career path objectives
- Seeks active feedback from peers, employees, and adjacent processes/stakeholders
- Builds a team of highly engaged employees with integrity
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures and guidelines is essential at all times
· BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience in medical devices and/or customer service
· Minimum of 5 years in medical devices and/or customer services relevant roles
· 2 or more years of people management experience. Proven leadership skills, working with diverse teams in a customer service oriented environment where effective supervision and coaching were demonstrated.
· Experience with process improvement and workflow in customer service operations including serviceability and documentation processes.
· Effective design, project management, analytical, troubleshooting, influencing and problem-solving skills in customer service & operational management, and policies and procedures development.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders, including Engineering.
· Analytical ability, judgment and decision making.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.