Purchasing Supervisor - Manufacturing
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 229087
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Supervise tactical purchasing team to insure continuity of supply supporting manufacturing schedule.
- Align tactical team with business targets.
- Manage suppliers to meet demands of production, repairs, and R&D.
- Reports to the materials manager with supervision for a 10 person team.
Manages the flow of materials, equipment, goods, supplies, etc., from suppliers. Reviews and plans requirements for purchasing most complex materials. Supports strategic procurement contract negotiations for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials. Evaluates vendor performance. Manages aspects of the materials planning function and inventory to assure alignment with inventory specialist and warehouse management.
Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness. Area of responsibility primarily tactical/operational in nature with limited strategic impact. Helps develop and maintain departmental budgets; setting KPIs to align with the business targets. Responsibility to continuously enhance or improve existing policies, procedures, and methods. Identification of resource needs and development of justifications.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 8 plus years in purchasing of production/manufacturing related products
- Bachelors Degree; Supply Chain Management field preferred
- Troubleshoot and Resolve complex problems
- Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Direct management of employees.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of MRP System
- Strong understanding of SAP with emphasis in the purchasing module.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to communicate on a global basis.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Advanced Excel Skills