Sales Applications Engineer - Building Automation - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 229097
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Accurately estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams.
• Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams.
• With sales, operations and project managers, completes site walk throughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards.
• Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy.
• Values projects by product and installation and creates scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software.
• Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed.
• Provides subcontractor bid packages & assistance by evaluating customer site system requirements and accurate job estimates.
• Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible.
• Maintains all job folders.
• Act as external liaison for owners, general contractors, sub contractors and trades people as needed.
• Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees.
• Works with vendors to design and price systems.
• Stays abreast of and educate others on new product information.
• Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and vendor product information.
• Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/vendor costs.
• Represents Siemens to community, professional and governmental groups including interaction with federal, state and local officials and professional organization representatives.
• Maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services.
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology preferred, however a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered.
• 4 to 5 years technical background in project development, installation and project management administration.
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to train others on product applications.
• Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point. Senior: Expert knowledge and broad engineering understanding of security products and services.
• Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.