Automation Pre-Sales Application Engineer
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 229109
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Tampa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Industry – Digital Factory: The Factory Automation business unit has a local System Engineer position available in the Orlando or Tampa, FL area, focused on regional accounts. The System Engineer is the technical lead on Automation opportunities, assists the customer in standardization efforts, and provides Siemens product support. This occurs as the customer transitions to a Siemens architecture or expands their utilization of Siemens in their automation solutions. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
- Acts as the technical lead at local Automation accounts.
- Work in a team environment with the local sales team to convert customers to the Siemens automation platform.
- Applies acquired process, application, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price and functionality to define the future automation strategy for specific strategic accounts.
- Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions or standards.
- Proposes specific products and value engineering adaptations with cost-effective results, meeting customer needs.
- Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Provide one-on-one support and assist customers through applications from concept through completion.
Required Knowledge/Skills Education and Experience
Technical Skills Required
- Controllers (PLCs)
- HMI Panels
- PC Based Automation
- Machine Safety
- Motion Control and Drives
Engineering Soft Skills Required
- Solution fitting
- Proof of concept
- Tech selling
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior Siemens automation is a plus
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives
- Strategic Agility: Is future oriented. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Strong in influencing without control
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks
- Business acumen: Knows how business works and is aware how the strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends and information affecting the business
- Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Is able to work effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities
- Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and service
Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
Typically 10 years of experience in automation/motion control systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above.