Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 229130
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
- The SCADA Engineer is responsible for supporting all Sales/Proposal/Projects scope concerning the SCADA and MET equipment in North America.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of SCADA systems
Key responsibilities are:
- Project Manage and Technical Lead for the complete scope of SCADA and MET equipment
- analyzing the requirements of each Wind project in order to prepare the proposal; specifically the interface between the substation, turbines, and the SCADA system.
- All projects must be carefully assessed in relation to grid code requirements, as well as state and local codes/standards.
- coordinate the implementation of the project with the various departments
(Project Management, Design Engineering, Site Personnel, Customer and Subcontractors... including groups in the US, Denmark, Spain).
- Planning and execution of the SCADA/MET scope of a project (including installation and commissioning of SCADA and MET equipment)
- Ensure the various interfaces between SCADA system and other equipment on site e.g. substation, transformers, capacitor banks, Meteorological instrumentation, FAA lighting and RTU or other third party interface.
- Ensure that procedures, agreements and agreed deadlines are observed
- Identify suppliers and work in supporting design efforts to meet Wind Turbine Generators application.
- Understanding and defining the basic design requirements including technical, commercial, and programmatic constraints on projects as well as customer orders.
- Directing and coordinating the design documentation including drawings, Bill of materials, technical reports, manufacturing documents, test plans, etc.
- Attend or lead design reviews both internally and with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
- Provide support to customers and the Customer Service group to maintain existing designs and resolve customer field issues.
- Work with other design hardware/software/firmware/control/fiber/network engineers in the preparation of project documentation to support the electrical, instrumentation and control systems for equipment and installation.
- Check designs and drawings prepared by others including vendor documentation e.g. Substation, Fiber Optic Layout, MV collection system, IP Addresses, OPC signal and MODBUS signal lists etc.
- Support field during construction, startup, and commissioning (includes: providing training to field technicians and customers).
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Configuration of SCADA and Turbine systems for L-Siemens, L-Gamesa and new SGRE turbine/wind farms
- Data trending analysis for corrective design of turbine control systems.
- Network design and configuration.
- Creation of presentation and training material for technical scope and non- technical knowledge sharing.
- Collaboration expected in cross-functional and cross-divisional teams including handovers from WP to PS as well as project management of ad- hoc SCADA resolution initiatives.
BS or MS Electrical or Computer Engineering
***Must be available for 3 months initial training in Spain***