Associate Project Manager- Rolling Stock
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 229152
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
We are seeking a dedicated Associate Project Manager with a consistent record of working on complex projects. In this role, you have the opportunity to support the execution of state of the art light rail projects ranging from $30M to $500 in value and durations from 3-6 years. The projects are executed throughout the US and Canada. In this incredible role, you will collaborate with your team at a large, dynamic manufacturing facility where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located. Your talents in problem solving, troubleshooting, building, collaborating, and planning will be utilized. Customers will be at ease with your enthusiastic communication for all aspects of the project. This position works with the Projects Director and will work directly for a Project Manager.
- Provide comprehensive oversight during every phase including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance.
- Support the Project Manager in leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design
- Dedicatedly run changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Drive project timeline for design, project breakthroughs (utilizing Siemens’ achievement methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
- Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Effectively communicate and handle project expectations to team members and partners in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal external partners.
Required Knowledge Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- We have project in various locations so if you like to travel this role will be ideal for you.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree meaningful to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
- 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Project Management Certification
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration