Project Manager- Rolling Stock
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 229161
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
• The PM will have profit and loss responsibility for assigned projects.
• Lead discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
• Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
• Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
• Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions to forward the project in their assigned scope.
• Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
• Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
• Travel: 25%. PM will travel for customer visits and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support manufacturing
• 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
• Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, manufacturing preferred.
• Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
• Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration also considered.