Operational Data Analyst
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 229167
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Provide maintenance and continual enhancements for MS Access databases used in Operational Planning, Retrofit, Service, & Checklist Tracking and Reporting. Add new projects, provide access, create reports. Provide access, installation support, and training for Service & Retrofit Tracking & Reporting for GOT, Mobility, & GIC. Add users, resolve access issues, resolve work order issues, resolve parts issues, maintain database. Act as Key User for SharePoint, GOT, Mobility, & GIC. Maintain and provide access to PPE and Training databases. Support SQL database maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support MS Access database maintenance.
· Researches, analyzes, consolidates and interprets data using statistical and data analytics methods to create information on business-relevant topics.
· Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems.
· Operates and optimizes pre-defined tools, applications and data bases/data management systems.
· Creates reports and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
· Provides technical Support for business applications (standard software and custom development).
· Prepares, plans, and may execute trainings to improve data and reporting accuracy.
· Expected to contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contribute to team results.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Business Analytics, Mathematics, other).
· 2 - 5 years of successful experience in database development and report creation.
· Team skills and ability to collaboratively work with peers across all levels of the business both local and international.
· A passion for key performance metrics, using them to communicate status and demonstrate improvements.
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently.
· May involve a small amount of travel.
· MS Access, SQL, SAP, Tableau, SharePoint, Office, Excel.
· Project management.