Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Massachusetts-AuburndaleAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We have a new opening for a Security Systems Service Technician in our Auburndale, MA office. The Field Service Technician will provide technical field service to our customer’s Security and Video Surveillance Systems at Harvard University including support during the installation and commissioning of new/expanded systems. If you’re an experienced Security Technician, or even just a mechanical-inclined hard-working individual with knowledge and experience with low-voltage wiring, we’d love for you to apply to the position!
• Performs annual preventive maintenance testing and inspecting under maintenance agreements.
• Maintaining /installing software applications/licensing for access control, video and alarm systems.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting/ repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations to Siemens management team regarding system installations and service facilities.
• Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in on-call assignments/schedules as required.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency.
• Experience as a technician installing and/or maintaining Security Systems is preferred, however candidates with no security systems technician experience but with equivalent related systems (low voltage wiring) experience will also be considered.
• Must have strong customer service skills; as well as good verbal and written communications skills.
• Microsoft Office experience is preferred.
• Must be able to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome Technician career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K up to 6%, and life insurance
• Career path development opportunities
• Extensive product and on-the-job training
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!