Design instrumentation and analytical equipment systems for petrochemical/refining industry applications. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our views are making people's lives better through technology and digitalization.
The designer supports the analytical system integration project business by the creation of detailed drawings and development/requisition of the project Bill of Material. The designer will provide support to project management, engineering, materials personnel, and craftsman throughout the phases of all projects assigned. This position will collaborate with the System Integration Engineering Manager within the Analytical Products & Solutions Business Segment, Process Automation Business Unit, Process Industries & Drives Division.
The designer is responsible for the planned financial performance, delivery reliability, and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned.
Designer responsibilities for a typical project include:
- Work directly with the project engineer to determine the proper analytical system integration solution for the application.
- Assist in the evaluation / selection of equipment to ensure the solution offered meets requirements of the customer specifications.
- Craft detailed drawings for shelters or racks including the following drawing types: plan views, elevations, electrical power / signal / communication wiring diagrams, utility piping and tubing schematics, sample conditioning system flow schematics, detailed sample probe drawings, alarm system (relay or PLC) detailed wiring diagrams, and fabrication drawings.
- Develop the project Bill of Material.
- Create material requisitions for purchase of equipment.
- Support craftsman during the production phase of the project.
- Finalize design documentation to represent “as built” condition. Review equipment placement, power / signal wiring terminations, piping / tubing routing & connections, part numbers for Bill of Material.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
It is preferred AS Degree in Engineering Design or Technology or BS Degree in Engineering Technology.
It is preferred knowledge of manufacturer of analytical equipment or analyzer system integrator for 5+ years.
It is preferred knowledge of following general system design knowledge:
- Understanding of electrical equipment including: panel-boards, transformers, circuit breakers, lighting, receptacles, disconnect switches.
- Ability to calculate transformer size and balance phases.
- Ability to specify panel-boards and size circuit breakers / conductors for each user that is to be powered.
- Working knowledge of relay logic and PLCs for alarm system applications.
It is preferred to have the following industry specific knowledge:
- Working knowledge of analytical systems integration including analyzer shelters and sample conditioning systems.
- Working knowledge of codes / standards: NEC, IEC, API, NFPA
- Understanding of hazardous area classifications.
- Experience with NEMA 7 electrical equipment for hazardous areas.
- Knowledge of analyzers including: Gas Chromatographs, UV/IR Continuous Gas Analyzers, Paramagnetic Continuous Gas Analyzers, FTNIR, CEMS, pH & conductivity, TOC, Zirconium Oxide / Catalytic Bead stack analyzers.
Additional knowledge of other software including: SAP, ChemCAD, Visual Basic is a plus.
Join the Siemens world-class organization and enjoy our exceptional company benefits, work life balance and creative thought-provoking projects
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company has eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens PD helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.