Frontend Software Developer
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 229196
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Process Industries and Drives Division is a reputed global provider of future-proof automation and drive technology, industry software and services based on innovative technology platforms. With our standard components, complemented by industry-specific solutions, we optimally fulfill the specific requirements of customers from various industries. As a Trusted Partner across the entire lifecycle of industrial plants – from design, engineering to modernization – Siemens PD paves the ways towards digitalization in the process industries, enabling long-term growth.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Together with Product-Owners, software architects and data analysts you bring into the market fascinating new IOT products by means of modern technologies in the area of the data analysis and Big Data.
- You work as a part of an innovative, world-wide, agile team in the organization and development of software based Cloud applications and associated automated tests
- Next to the Developer role you will also take on other functions in the area of the software architecture, DevOps solutions or also as a Scrum master
- Within the framework of DevOps you will take over the team responsibility for the quality of the delivered products.
- You will gladly share your knowledge and coach other team members
- You have the enjoyment of the continuous learning and be unafraid of bringing new ideas forward.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Ideally you will have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical programming experiences
- You will possess at least more than 3 years professional experience in the Agile software process of development and are able to work flexibly in a function-general agile team and lead them when required to.
- You must demonstrate expertise in test Driven Development, have a profound understanding of the test automation and are able to communicate this knowledge to other team members.
- You must communicate of several years of practical experiences with Cloud and Cloud-Provider's technologies as well as knowledge in the area of Databases and in massive parallel processing.
- You must have a very good understanding of scalable software solutions, micro services, messaging systems and have more than 3 years of experience in developing with those.
- You provide substantiated (more than 5 years) knowledge and experience of IT infrastructure as well as VMs and Docker.
- Ideally demonstrate experiences in the industrial branch or energy branch
- Very good English knowledge rounds out your profile