Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Region AmericasRequisition Number:
United States-New York-SyracuseAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Branch General Manager to lead, manage, and oversee strategy, sales and service operational activities for our Syracuse and Albany, NY branch locations. The Branch General Manager (II) may also oversee the sales and service operations for other BT sales offices. Deploy and motivate staff to achieve sales, installation and/or service delivery activities. Assures that Branch employees appropriately leverage available resources; such as FBA, HR, Legal, Procurement, EHS, and Field Operations Standards / Sales Standards / Business Excellence. Develops and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers at the executive level to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for achievement of all strategic and financial goals within the Branch and sales office as applicable.
- Drive design, development and implementation of Branch business target agreements and plans including sales forecast, annual budget, profit plan, cost control, asset management plan and other financial deliverables based on BT goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of Branch sales and operations solutions and services programs, Workflow Standards, Quality and Productivity, Safety programs, best practices and other initiatives.
- Collaborates with Zone management regarding branch strategies, plans, performance and other pertinent conditions. Assist management in the development and execution of BT strategy and horizontal synergy plans at the branch level. Lead implementation of Business Target Agreements at the branch level including sales forecast, annual budget, profit plan, cost control, asset management plan and other financial deliverables.
- Manage workforce utilization planning for sales, service operations and support functions to ensure effective staffing for current and future business needs. Advise employees on developing business and implementing sales and operations plans.
- Develops and maintains personal contact with new and current major customers to maximize opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and provide support for current and future projects or service contracts. Foster profitable growth through definition and implementation of team-selling strategies that expand BT business with existing customers and/or penetrate new accounts.
- Responsible for branch employee engagement, safety and retention activities. Ensures all managers and supervisors foster career development for their employees and manage performance.
- Responsible for developing branch employee commitment to customer satisfaction and promoting positive employer branding and the reputation of Siemens.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Support compliance protocol under the BT Compliance Officer.
- Acts as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to capitalize on local market opportunities.
- The Branch Manager may work with other Divisions in order to provide comprehensive customer solutions across Siemens’ products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field, or equivalent work experience (along with a minimum of HS Diploma or GED Equivalency).
- 8+ years in sales and operations management with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal, preferably within the Building Automation industry
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a P&L.
- Technical and/or business licenses or registrations as required by geographic area.
- Frequent domestic travel required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Must meet eligibility requirements to participate in Siemens Vehicle Plan.