Solution Engineer - eMobility
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 229229
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Will consider candidates outside the Atlanta market with required qualifications.
Siemens Energy Management is seeking top candidates for the role of solutions engineer for eMobility Solutions & Services. In this role, the Solutions Engineer will be instrumental in creation of new grid connected charging station, scalable car/bus charging depots, and integrated microgrid sites. Toward this capacity the responsible individual will integrate technologies in the area of energy metering, networking & communication devices, electric vehicle charging stations, microgrid controllers, and battery storage technologies. In addition, the Solutions Engineer will integrate networked technologies with on-premise and cloud based software packages to enable the remote monitoring and control of charging station assets. The Solutions Engineer will work with existing internal sales teams while also identifying and training partners to help scale engineering competence beyond Siemens., The Solutions Engineer will partner with internal and external experts across multiple businesses and disciplines to realize a complete suite of eMobility solutions. Creativity and adaptability will be critical facets for success. A top candidate will have a proven record for creating and realizing new solutions as well as an ability to embrace fast-paced change, works well with diverse globally-based teams, and drive profitable growth. Role will have an opportunity to help create the future of the eMobility market.
- Creation of turnkey solutions in the eMobility projects (electrical design from grid connection to charging statino, communication network configuration, and cloud networks)
- Support in the realization of turnkey solutions (site design, training, installation, and support)
- Creation of value engineering ideas for site design that ultimately lower total solution cost
Internal and external partner identification
- Development of operational processes to support a growing organization
- Customer support in pre and post sales engineering capacity
Requirement, skills and knowledge:
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Advanced degree a plus)
2. 5+ years of direct experience in electrical and/or systems engineering
3. Working understanding of Modbus, Bacnet, Lonworks, OCPP, Zigbee and/or other building, EV Charging, and microgrid networking protocols.
4. Demonstrated expertise in electrical system design, startup, and/or testing
5. Prior demonstrated ability to create new solutions and/or services
6. Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% (early stage start-up may require higher levels)
7. Prior experience in eMobility, solar, wind, or storage industry a plus.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.