Graphics Design Assistant (Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical) - Cincinnati, OH
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229232
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Graphics Design Assistant to support the Design Engineering group in our Cincinnati, OH office. Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the bottom line of the business you work for? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by having you work alongside our Engineering and Operations team. In this role, plan to be our point person to assist with all Graphics Designs for our Building Energy Management projects. If you are ready to bring your ingenuity to Siemens, then send us your resume today.
Do you enjoy working in an office environment where you have the autonomy to work independently with limited supervision? We will assign the responsibilities for the development of system control diagrams, building floor layouts and monitoring of graphics for Siemens Building Automation, Fire & Security Systems to you. You will be accountable for completing designs within the budgeted engineering labor, at a high customer satisfaction rate. We will provide you the standards set by the Siemens Area Graphic Designers across North America, which you will need to follow. You will report directly into the Building Automation Solutions Engineering Manager.
What else will you be involved in?
- Design visually appealing, unique, easy to use, and modern looking graphic solutions for building operators.
- Complete review and understanding of design support which includes logging & tracking projects and status.
- Support delivery of graphics to the construction or building jobsite to meet completion schedules.
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one design project at a time.
- Maintain a personal utilization of >80%: Accurately record the proper use of graphic types, quantities, and network numbers when charging time to projects.
- Support / Achieve increased customers happiness: Identify quality control issues and notify project manager and engineering manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers. Ensure accurate and timely graphic design completion of work.
- Record proper documentation for long term servicing of customers: Support systems to service turnovers on projects utilizing centralized graphics design process. Maintain a copy of the latest graphics as-built of completed jobs in the district server.
- Processes: Support project managers, account engineers, and field specialists in crafting graphics for their projects. Design background and dynamics when requested. Support efficiency initiatives – Graphics Standardization/Centralization.
What requirements will you need?
- Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- Understanding of drawing applications such as: AutoCAD, ACAD, Photoshop, Paint, Illustrator, or equivalent.
- Some travel required for training or annual meetings, not to exceed 15% of the time
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- Previous experience or knowledge of energy management systems preferred.