Business Developer - eMobility
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 229233
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy Management is seeking top candidates for the role of Business Developer (BD) for eMobility Solutions & Services. In this role, the BD will be instrumental in building and implementing new solutions in area of transport electrification. The BD role will develop, manage, and leverage relationships with electric bus manufacturers, transit authorities, utilities, Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs) and eMobility digital system partners.. The BD will work with the existing market development, utility sales and construction sales teams to leverage the existing customer base, identify new potential customers while also addressing the growing channel of transport electrification specific organizations. The BDM will engage with program implementation & procurement teams on product qualifications, respond to RFI/RFPs, connect with partners, quantify costs with Operations, and assist in closing. The target candidate will have experience in performing business development a full range of varying product, solution, and service roles.. The role will have a high degree of independence and will offer an opportunity to help define new solutions not only for Siemens but for the overall Transport Electrification market.
· Development of new business potential with electric bus OEMs, transit authorities, cities and electric utilities throughout the Americas
· Integration and support of new partners into the Siemens solution basket
· Assist in creation and execution of post sales support for critical customers and partnerships
· Ownership of multi-region customer pipeline
· Creating responses to complex customer RFI and solution requirements
· Support of sales activities in conjunction with utility and construction organizations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree (Advanced degree a plus)
· 3+ years of direct experience in business development, sales & marketing or an equivalent role in tech start-ups
· Working experience in fundamentals of electrical system design, startup, and/or testing
· Prior demonstrated experience in the design of new solutions and/or services
· Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix team environment
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 70%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.