Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 229239
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
WE ARE BUILDING THE ENERGY GRID FOR THE FUTURE. CAN YOU HELP US MAKE IT A REALITY?
The Energy Management MS Business Unit of Siemens, located near Raleigh, NC, is looking for a highly qualified and upbeat Mechanical Design Engineer.
You will manage the technical expectations of the project among all of the partners involved. This consists of ensuring that the end result of the switchgear or motor control center design is in accordance to the contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements and the applicable technical regulations. You'll collaborate with multiple departments to ensure the best possible product.
What can you expect your average day to be like?
- Understanding of customer requirements that have impact in the mechanical configuration of the MV AIS (Medium Voltage Air Insulated Switchgear).
- Confirm that the requirements listed by the Project Engineer and the Customer are included in the agreed scope of supply.
- Review the pre-determined configuration generated during the approval and pre-engineering stages of the project. Identify which mechanical configurations are needed.
- Manage the list of materials and mechanical assemblies needed to fulfill the technical requirements. Build Bills of Materials, develop new assemblies, validate functionality and release the part/assemblies to production.
- Generate “Design To Order” tasks for other members of the team to develop the mechanical configurations that are needed for the project, but missing from the existing design library.
- Execute “Design To Order” tasks from other members of the team for their respective projects, to include the development of new mechanical designs required for a respective project.
- Complete “Product Support” tasks based on identified Non-Conformances and design errors. This will include the update and correction of existing assemblies that have been found defective during assembly or commissioning operations.
- Provide support and feedback as needed to the Siemens MV AIS R&D team based on effectiveness of the design library and market trends where gaps in our technical offer have been identified.
- Understand the rules and logic behind our configuration tools (NX Tools). This includes the troubleshooting of rules and logic errors, as well as the development of new rules and logic as required for new projects. Additionally, you'll correct and fix any identified errors in the rules and logic of our configuration tools (NX Tools) and ERP tools (SAP).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
- BS in Engineering. (Mechanical is preferred.)
- Knowledge of 3D engineering tools (some or all of; Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred
- 1 year professional experience in 3D modeling of parts and assemblies.
- A willingness to explore new technologies and process improvements.
You'll move to the front of the pack if you have:
- Experience in design/development/configuration/manufacturing of Medium Voltage Switchgear and/or Low Voltage Motor Controllers.
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- Experience with programming languages (visual basic, java)
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. As a global leader, with Siemens you'll have the opportunity to travel the world.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.