Maintenance Technician - Electronic
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229242
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Operations supervisor, performs or assists with installation and checkout of electric and electronic
components associated with HVAC building automation control
systems, fire management systems, security systems, and energy management systems.
· May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with low voltage systems.
· Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock
wiring as required. Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up.
· Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
· Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to
the job site.
· Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers. Provides inputs and assists with
preparation of as-built drawings.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with
training and system acceptance.
High school diploma or GED required. 2+ years electrical, and electronic installation experience; Acquire local
certifications and licenses. Good written and verbal communication skills required. Must be physically able to climb,
work in high places and/or confined spaces.
Associates degree or other technical training and mechanical aptitude preferred.