Proposal Technical Writer
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 229278
Primary Location: United States--
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) is seeking a self-driven individual to complement our team as a Proposal Technical Writer for this dynamic and rapidly expanding organization. The position is located in Reston, VA, however, can be remote. This Technical Writer is part of a cross-functional team, and reports to the Manager, Proposal Deliverables.
As a Proposal Technical Writer you will manage and develop technical proposal content covering multiple technical fields to include renewable energy areas (solar, wind, geothermal, biomass), security electronics and building automation systems. You will also work directly with energy engineers, technology specialists, and technicians in order to gain knowledge on the subject to be addressed in a proposal.
- Work directly with engineers and technicians to translate technical jargon into terms understandable by the client.
- Assist the Proposal Manager and capture manager in shaping the Proposal Strategy in terms of identifying competitive differentiators and win themes to be used in developing the proposal, ensuring the final product is compliant, meets and exceeds customer needs.
- Research and gather information from documents such as rough drafts and manufacturer’s manuals and / or by interviewing subject matter experts (SME) as needed to complete proposal writing assignments.
- Format, edit, standardize, proofread and correct information written by engineers and technicians, in accordance with proposal requirements, arrange them in a logical order and ensure a consistent writing style throughout the proposal so that the resultant proposal product can be easily read and understood by federal customers.
- Coordinate draft documents for circulation for review
- Identify and acquire additional information or explanation needed to complete technical documentation.
- Review publications and propose refinements to content or format.
- Maintain document control, through an approved tracking system and publish approved documents to SharePoint or other designated proposal sites.
- Track the development of technical material from the initial draft to final approval and publication.
- Support incorporation of graphics in the proposal and ensure linkage and consistency with the written text.
- Participate in specific customer meetings as assigned by Capture Manager and/or Proposal Manager to obtain customer knowledge, requirements, and insight to help write winning proposals.
- Must be a United States citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to any other country.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience employed as a proposal writer.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of technical writing with relevant federal proposal editing experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree with mastery of the English language, grammar, structure, punctuation and word spelling.
- Experience writing technical proposal documents for the U.S. government or a government contractor and knowledge of the requirements for safeguarding classified information is preferred.
- Experience with energy conservation and proposals domain is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to write technical material.
- Capacity to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of people across multiple business units / companies to include personnel holding positions at varying levels.
- Ability to effectively express and comprehend both oral and written communications to and from a variety of audiences.
- Skilled in the use of information technology systems, software, and media used to produce and store technical publications in electronic format.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to interview and observe to gather required details.
- Ability to work proposal hours, when required.
- Technical aptitude is highly desired and would be beneficial to the duties of the position.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
** Writing sample may be requested***
Must be US citizen with no Dual citizenship, Work Visa or ties to any other country. This individual must have the ability to obtain a United States federal government security clearance, if later required.