Fire Technician I - Service
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229287
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position performs technical service to customer’s Fire Life Safety systems to ensure that they are maintained in accordance with NFPA standards and local AHJ requirements.
· Provides technical support and executes the software programming and implementation of fire alarm moves, adds and changes (MAC) projects. Provides on-site coordination for electrical installation of fire alarm components. Responsible for the coordination of final fire inspections and functional performance testing with the AHJ.
· Act as the lead inspector for complex fire alarm inspections requiring multiple field personnel. Independently or as part of a team, completes the regularly scheduled test and inspections of commercial fire alarm systems. Identifies and reports all system discrepancies found during inspections, identifying code and non-conformance issues as well as system upgrade opportunities, and assists in field pricing of repairs. Documents all service activities and enters time worked daily through mobile reporting tool.
· Responsible for performing fire alarm discrepancy repairs for items identified during test and inspections. Also responsible for responding to emergency service call for the troubleshooting and repair for assigned customer’s fire alarm systems.
· Participates in On-Call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage for emergency service to our customers.
· Acts as a mentor for junior personnel providing on-the-job training for Fire Alarm test and inspection services, troubleshooting and repairs and implementation of MAC projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of fire alarm systems (high school diploma or GED minimally required).
· 1+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· Fire Alarm Certification Within 24 months of hire date.
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
· Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Existing NICET II certification
· AS1 preferred