Engineering Bid PM
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 229289
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
Siemens Industry, Inc./Siemens AG is seeking an Engineering Bid Project Manager in Wendell, NC. In this role you will manage customer requirements: plans, schedules and implements bushing replacements, including managing spare parts and measurement devices. You will also approach customers, offers services and sells bushings for existing transformers.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
The Engineering Bid Project Manager
- Develops and defines customer approach and sales strategies
- Arranges offers, contracts and sales releases
- Organizes measurements at identified and successfully approached customers
- Carries out customer meetings
- Utilize Team Approach to Support and Grow Existing Business
- Actively Participate in Account Management Efforts
- Influence and Contribute to Specification Revision
- Provide Technical Support and Problem Solving
- Actively Participate in Support of New Business
- Engage Field Sales and Customers to Solicit Engineering Approvals
- Provide Technical Support and Training to Field Sales and Customers
- Specify Products for Desired Applications
- You will develop and implements plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers. Develops a complete understanding of the organizations structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Collect Market Research and Competitive Feedback
- Assist in Implementing New Product Launches
- Meet Performance Objectives
- Track Targeting and approvals efforts
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Marketing Degree
2. Minimum 5-7 years of technical proficiency in the Power Industry
3. Sales/Marketing/Project Manager experience
4. Understanding of the function and application of transformer bushings
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Electrical Engineering Degree.
2. Minimum 10 years of technical proficiency in the Power Industry.
3. Business development and/or Sales & Marketing experience.
4. Specific knowledge and/or expertise in the application of transformer bushings.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.