Service HVAC Controls Small Project Installation Specialist (Commissioning Technician) - Buffalo, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229292
Primary Location: United States-New York-Amherst
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an HVAC Engineering Specialist (Commissioning Technician) Level 1 - to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Service Group in the Buffalo, NY area.
The Engineering Specialist is responsible for designing, installing, programming and commissioning HVAC Controls for small moves, adds or changes to existing Siemens Building Automation Systems. The Engineering Specialist in most cases acts in the capacity of a one person small job team.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Supports and assists the Service Operations Manager in the execution of Service Installed small job work. Based on job size, may be assisted by other Service Technicians in the completion of his/her duties.
• Performs diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (Project Work) including system expansion, upgrades, modernizations and or use of new products or technologies.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branches, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related HVAC controls field experience preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years HVAC engineer/service technician experience is desired.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, testing and troubleshooting for HVAC control systems or Fire, Life Safety systems.
• NICET Level 1 or 2 qualifications is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job/Career Incentives:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with job opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!