Financial Analyst - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 229293
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the digital transformation of financial reporting and data governance needed to support operational transparency, business planning, and performance management. This role will focus on enhancing the quality and robustness of CPS analytics while ensuring the accuracy of institutional KPI reporting. The role will report into the CPS Finance Manager for Planning, Reporting, and Digitalization with key integration points across the CPS organization.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly key business performance reporting for senior CPS leadership.
- Ensures data quality and governance for CPS institutional reporting (ESPRIT Reporting, KBDs, Sales Activity)
- Investigates sales, cost, and margin details in SAP to provide transparency to business and ensure system accuracy.
- Evaluates current controlling and reporting mechanisms to standardize, automate, and create digital enhancements.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions to problems encountered and understands financial impacts of proposed solutions by applying problem-solving skills.
- Identifies new data sources for enhanced analytic capabilities while evaluating current data available.
- Ability to create advanced presentations and reporting through data mining and present them to higher levels.
- Leads process improvement opportunities and implement recommended solutions.
- Identifies, creates, develops and improves standards conformance.
- Build behind-the-scene support for ideas and plans and solicit the involvement of others to build ownership and buy-in.
- Demonstrates capabilities to potentially influence and to work effectively with multiple and diverse organizations, including different cultures (global colleagues).
- Takes ownership of assigned work through to completion.
- Understand the business needs and direction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- Required past experience: 3-5 years experience
- Required amount of travel: 5%
- Other required knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Applications, SAP, Hyperion
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred past experience: Education or experience in data analytics, data architecture, or BI Tools
- Other preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise: BI Tool Experience (Qlik View or Qlik Sense)