Sr. Electrical Service Technician - Hartford, CT
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229312
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for an experience Sr. Electrical Service Technician/Electrician to support our growing Electrical Services business in Hartford, CT. This position leads the most complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, protective relay maintenance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
· Performs highly complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
· Provides expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
· May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.Experienced at performing mechanical maintenance, overhaul and reassembly of medium and low voltage circuit breakers.
· Experienced at electrical testing, including but not limited to primary current injection testing, resistance testing, dielectric testing, and thermal scans on medium and low voltage electrical systems.
· Experienced at utilizing electrical test sets to perform AC and DC High Potential testing, Transformer Turns Ratio testing, Transformer Power Factor testing and other power system tests practices and procedures.
· Skilled at interpreting protective coordination studies, testing and configuring protective relays.
· Capable of reading bill of materials, electrical blueprints and power system study reports.
· Experienced on installation, commissioning and maintenance of low and medium voltage power distributions systems.
· Familiar with the Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of 13.8 kV and below electrical equipment.
· Familiar with ANSI, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, and NETA codes and standards
· AVO, NETA, and NICET certifications preferred. Electrician or Electrical Contractor licenses a plus.
· HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
· Generally, 5+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· 50% travel required.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.