Business Development Manager - SE Region
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 229317
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're a dynamic sales professional who is passionate about helping your customers improve their business, we have a place for you.
- Identify, pursue, and capture new business opportunities utilizing Siemens service solutions and experience base in all three key market segments within the regional territory.
- Early involvement with target customers to influence their specifications and drive the acceptance of our products and service solutions.
- Successfully collaborate with regional and local sales channels/account managers from the Power Systems Sales (PSS), Total Integrated Power (TIP), Total Integrated Automation (TIA), Integrated Drive System/Solutions (IDSS) and Construction Sales (CON) as well as remainder of EM product and system business developers to drive mutual growth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for bookings and present the sales pipeline to management on a bi-monthly basis via EM wide CRM tool.
- Attend industry trade shows, prepare commercial proposals, customer presentations, and demonstrate wall-to-wall capabilities.
- Support Product Life-Cycle Management process (PLM) for building technical requirements based on global and local market needs for development or adaptation of future products, new technologies, solutions, and systems.
- Train and support Siemens sales channels of Siemens EM CS’ portfolio, capabilities, and value propositions.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- A minimum of 10 years business experience with responsibilities for sales, business development, project management, or field operations in power generation, utility and/or industrial market place
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge of transmission and distribution equipment and application within all previously mentioned market segments.
- Consistent record or capability for account management, forecast, sales process management, and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skill, accountability, and having the ability to work though others as required.
- Possess persuasive presentation and effective communications skills (written and verbal), motivation, and creativity to develop dynamic solutions to unique customer opportunities.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time, domestically as required. A company car will be provided.
- Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired
- You should reside within the regional territory.