Additive Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 229336
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_management.html
Siemens Industry is looking for an Additive Manufacturing Laboratory Technician for their Tucker location. You will maintain/support/operate multiple additive manufacturing systems (3D printers) using various technologies.
To Maintain present and future new Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment and produce parts per customer requests. Actively acquire knowledge and keep up to date on new AM technologies
Work Order Management:
- Check WO system regularly for new orders.
- Assess new orders and current workload and provide estimated completion date to customer.
- Interact with customer regarding print options (materials, orientation, different printers, etc.).
- Keep WO system up to date as print status changes.
- Other assignments as directed by Lab Manager.
3D Printer Operation:
- Load customer files into printer software and adjust print options (materials, orientation, etc.) per customer request.
- Observe printers regularly to ensure error free printing is taking place.
- After print completion, remove printed parts from printer and apply post process work as applicable (cleaning, polishing, sintering, etc.).
- Perform PM on printers as specified in printer documentation.
- Contact printer manufacturers as necessary to resolve issues with printers
- Utilize Kanban inventory systems to ensure adequate material/consumable stock.
- Handle returns/recycling of materials/consumables/chemicals with appropriate parties.
- Maintain neat, clean, and safe work area.
- This position reports to the Tucker Laboratory Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1.High school or 2 year technical degree required.
2. Proficient in Microsoft office Products.
3. Experience with 3D printers of various technologies required.
4. Ability to travel 5% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Knowledge of the latest additive manufacturing methods is desired.
2.Experience operating FDM, SLA, multi-jet, and metal printers is desired.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.