Digital Service Specialist - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229344
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Within the America’s Digital Service Center in Siemens Building Technologies division, the Digital Services team works collaboratively with our stakeholders to manage project delivery and lead teams of data analytics resources in all aspects of discovery, design and delivery of information solutions.
Supports Siemens Digitalization efforts to provide digital services to customers as part of contracted service for projects and / or service agreements. Ensures client reporting reliability through proactive data quality auditing and ongoing data validation services.
- Manages Navigator data quality audit projects in their entirety; assesses error trends, categorizes error types, and coordinates inter and intra-divisional teams to correct data deficiencies.
- Documents overall trends in data audits and develops strategic solutions to improve auditing efficiency, reduce occurrence rates of existing error types, and proactively identify emerging trends and new areas for potential quality concerns.
- Develops estimation methodologies and maintains up-to-date models for audit projects, along with associated time and cost to complete.
- Contributes to growing body of Navigator data auditing resources, including training material, methodologies, data flow documentation, and more.
- Collaborates with other Digital Service Specialists and digital teams to build and implement new, automated data quality checking logic, rules, and algorithms.
- Calculates and reports ongoing auditing costs and auditing efficiency savings for recurring updates to senior management.
- Employs holistic perspective throughout data audits, including the Siemens Navigator platform, as well as all relevant source datasets and systems; identifies potential areas of improvement with relation to the underlying mechanisms by which data are processed, stored, sent, and displayed.
- Displays strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical skills; must be self-motivated and capable of creating (and meeting) realistic deadlines, often working as an independent operator during many stages of the auditing process.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge required
- 3+ years of experience with utility bill management systems
- Ability to work independently
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 2+ years data auditing experience, preferably with large datasets
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge, including macro writing and basic VBA scripting