Federal Account Executive - Building Technologies: HVAC Controls, Fire Alarm, Security, Electrical Services - Jacksonville, FL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229356
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Federal Account Executive to join our team to grow sales with assigned customers as well as create individual sales opportunities within the Jacksonville, FL Federal marketplace for Fire Alarm, Security, Electrical Service, and Building Automation Controls. Candidate must have a demonstrated hunter mentality and approach to selling and winning customers. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to grow, develop, and manage contractor and consulting engineering relationships within the assigned territory.
• Develop new or expand business relationships with Design Engineering and Contractor Clients to position and create business cases to utilize Siemens Fire, Security and BAS Solutions in their facilities and new construction projects. Typical decision-makers to be contacted include VP of Construction, Directors of Facilities, and Engineering firms. Responsibilities include maintaining/expanding relationships within these existing client accounts as well as create new customer relationships.
• Create and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively assist consultant engineers with Sequence of Operations and Specification development for Building Automation Systems. Develop technical proposals, estimates, and Sales presentation while working with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Business development activities include networking through professional organizations such as ASHRAE, Construction Institute, MCA, ASHE, PWC, SAME to build contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Ideal candidate desires to consistently grow in professional knowledge and independently stays current on market, business and product trends to deliver results to our clients.
• Team sells with other Siemens Industry partners, when appropriate, to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships with all assigned contractors and consultants.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• At least 4+ years of Fire, Security and HVAC Controls industry sales experience preferred.
• 5+ years or more work experience at or with Federal Civilian Government Agency or as member of Armed Forces.
• Work experience in Federal Government contracting required.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.