Mechanical Product Design Drafter
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 229365
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
- Produce accurate 3D layout and solid models of centrifugal compressors in accordance to the project scope and within specified time frames
- Creates prints and bills of material for manufacturing.
- Creates solid model assemblies in NX to ensure form, fit and function logic is met, and insuring assembly to mating parts are correct
- Supports product design and development, part detailing and checking, fabrication and manufacturing, and is an integral part of overall client satisfaction
- When required, the product drafter will need to incorporate new designs and standards into existing compressor designs and stay within footprint limitations
- Assist in design reviews and implement design changes
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- 2 year Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in Drafting
- Technical proficiency in 3D modeling design software
- Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge in manufacturing.
- 5 or more years of experience in centrifugal compressor modeling and drafting using CAD
- Prior experience in compressor drafting
- Insight, interest and drafting experience in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
- 2 or more years of experience in a production and manufacturing environment
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.