Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 229365
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
- Create 3D and cross sectional layouts of centrifugal compressors
- The product drafter is a direct link between product engineering and manufacturing.
- Responsible for accurately laying out a cross section of a compressor, creating detailed prints for manufacturing and developing bills of material.
- The product drafter is involved in the all aspects of compressor design, from upfront layout, to manufacturing support.
- The product drafter is a well-rounded team member, being a key player and contact for a wide spectrum of internal and external customers and suppliers
- The product drafter supports product design and development, part detailing and checking, fabrication and manufacturing, and is an integral part of overall client satisfaction
- Produce accurate 3D layout and solid models of compressors in accordance to the project scope and within specified time frames
- Creates prints and bills of material for manufacturing.
- Creates solid model assemblies in NX to ensure form, fit and function logic is met, and insuring assembly to mating parts are correct
- When required, the product drafter will need to incorporate new designs and standards into existing compressor designs and stay within footprint limitations
- Assist in design reviews and implement design changes
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and innovative thinking
- 2 year Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in Drafting
- Technical proficiency in NX, Microsoft Office.
- Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge in manufacturing.
- 5 or more years of experience in centrifugal compressor modeling and drafting using CAD
- Prior experience in compressor drafting
- Insight, interest and drafting experience in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
- 2 or more years of experience in a production and manufacturing environment
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.