Sr. Electrical Specialist - Building Technologies - Cypress CA
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229379
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on low and medium voltage power distribution systems and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Develops MOP’s, tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on electrical systems and components following manufactures recommended tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, verification and startup procedures.
- Participates is final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 25-50%
- Required experience: Five years of electrical experience relevant to performing the responsibilities of this role.
- Other requirements:
- High level of technical knowledge of electrical & electronic component theory.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings, one line, three lines, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret MOP’s, professional and technical documents, technical procedures, and government regulations
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 100 pounds unassisted.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English—including the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Associate's Degree in Electronics
- NICET 3 or 4 Certified
- NETA 3 or 4 Certified
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.