Portfolio Unit SA&P Director
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 229393
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Digital Grid Substation Automation & Protection Product House (SA&P)
Portfolio Unit Director
- P&L performance of the portfolio unit business against the plan and strategy.
- Business operations that include quality, performance efficiency, service, and cost-effective management and deployment of resources across the unit.
- Employee engagement and retention strategies, setting targets for achievable employee results, and developing of the next generation of business leaders.
- Establish and drive quality process and process improvement programs – implementation of all necessary processes and procedures to accomplish successful execution of unit business strategies and plans.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for portfolio growth in the target markets.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with other unit directors, DG management and Global segment headquarters as a component of the overall worldwide business to ensure portfolio and market share optimization.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with other Siemens business to ensure full capture of synergies available within the overall Siemens portfolio.
- Manage, review, and report on all designated business metrics with local and global management.
- Monitoring and compliance to all policies, procedures and laws applicable to the business, its employees and contractors.
- 10+ years of end-to-end business management experience with Fortune 500 companies within a global business including P&L responsibilities – experience in the energy industry is a plus.
- A track-record of successful people development & management: performance assessment, motivational programs, tools and techniques, coaching capabilities to establish accountability and metrics to meet timelines and objectives; and the ability to communicate and hold people accountable for meeting those objectives.
- Proven examples and evidence of meeting business plans & forecasts in both financial and operational metrics.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales strategies & channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes, product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations and aligned services of support.
- Prior product management, marketing and sales proposal management experience with complex system solutions.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L management for the operations and project accounting/controlling.
- Proven negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Leadership and motivational skills are critical. The ability to command respect and stimulate extraordinary behavior from a highly experienced team is required.
- Communication and customer presentation and relationship building skills to support customer acquisition, delivery and ongoing engagement.
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment.
- An interpersonal style which will allow him/her to be demanding when setting objectives and securing results while working effectively in a team based environment.
- Experience and capability to lead and perform within a remote, virtual work environment
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time, both domestic and international.
- Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products are required.
- A personal sense of accountability and the ability to work through others is required.
- Possesses persuasive presentation and effective communication skills - both verbal and written - across cultures is required.