Project Manager - Healthcare Laboratory
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 229408
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Laboratory (SHL) offers high-complexity assay development and biomarker testing in support of drug development and clinical research programs. We offer end to end diagnostics services for our pharmaceutical and biotech partners creating breakthroughs in precision medicine and solving key challenges in drug research, development and laboratory testing.
Our expertise and services include biomarker discovery, development and use of new analytical technologies, optimization and validation of biomarker assays and introduction of companion diagnostics.
SHL requires a Project Manager to optimize on-going and future development projects with our pharmaceutical customers.
· Develop project plans and track resources in conjunction with internal teams.
· Interface with R&D, operations, quality/regulatory and commercial teams.
· Interface with external pharmaceutical customers.
· Organize and manage external and internal meetings and calls.
· Use MS Office and MS Project software packages as effective management and communication tools.
· Be a contributor to business strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
· 5 years of experience in project management
· Strong biological sciences experience
· Technical knowledge of nucleic acid-, immuno-, and cell-based assays
· Good understanding of both drug development in the BioPharmaceutical industry and diagnostics test development in the Laboratory Diagnostics industry
· Strong analytical skills with ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
· Capable of leading and motivating cross-functional teams
· Flexible interpersonal skills
· Excited by working in small, dynamic teams with a start-up mentality within the setting of a large multi-site corporation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master’s degree or higher
· PMP certification
· Previous employment with diagnostics/biopharma companies
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.