Materials Logistics Spec 3
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229433
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics facility in Flanders NJ, has significantly expanded the manufacturing operations and are in the process of migrating complex diagnostics instruments in to the new manufacturing facility. This change brings exciting opportunities and growth within the Production and Materials Planning team
This planning position will be responsible for making sure our distribution centers are adequately stocked and replenished to ensure customer demand is met on time. The production and materials planner will therefore be a pivotal role, coordinating customer requirements and converting these in to material and production demands. Also the individual will be tasked with ensuring that the product gets to the dispatch dock efficiently whilst meeting customer requirements.
The right candidate will need to have a solid experience of planning within a mid-volume hardware environment. They will have the ability and presence to drive key functions to meet customer demands. Be precise and accurate with requirements. Resolve bottlenecks and develop longer term solutions to avoid reoccurrence. Present status to the operations team on a daily basis. Have good communications skills and the ability to work with peer functions such as purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, and global demand planning.
· Review daily reports to review new orders/demand placed on the site.
· Create production orders for instruments, accessories, and spare parts and distribute accordingly based on the demand received.
· Update the global “Available To Promise” database to reflect daily activity of finished goods movements and versions produced. (In Process, Projected Availability Dates, Available, Shipped)
· Maintain and distribute the daily Production Report which tracks status of key deliverables and shipment requests to the whs..
· Review distribution center inventory levels to ensure on-time replenishment to desired stock level targets.
· Process MTR requests in SAP.
· Provide support for Warranty issues. Coordinate parts set up, sales orders, shipping memos. Work with Finance, Service, Order Management, Warehouse/Shipping to ensure these requests are filled in a timely manner.
· Support SPOT Form generation tasks.
· Review/Analyze spare part reorder points from CSML. Make recommendations on adjustments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Successful applicants will have:
- 5 years plus experience in a purchasing, materials or planning areas.
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong MS office capability
- Knowledge of SAP planning and materials systems
- A team player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions