Product Manager - HVAC Valve Group
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229472
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Product Manager - Siemens Building Technologies
Manages the assigned product portfolio with full responsibility for the results, including definition of customer and market requirements, growth and profit strategies, business planning, and road mapping
Constant surveillance of market conditions and competitors' products; defines marketing and product strategies and benchmarking relative to the competition.
Develop and execute voice of customer plans to gain customer/market needs and requirements.
Champion new product development projects through the Siemens Product Development process, including business case development, market assessment, opportunity prioritization, completion of activities and ensuring operational and commercial readiness for launch.
Drives the business performance of the product over the whole lifecycle in cooperation with all partners over the whole process chain.
Establishes a strong understanding of product and channel positioning (SWOT) through customer interviews and competitive analysis. Establish strong understanding of industry applications for Siemens Valve products.
Identify key value propositions for new and existing products and services.
Frequent interaction with customers, marketing and sales to promote product launch and growth initiatives.
Product training presentations to sales personnel and customers.
Support analysis of product problems & failures.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Able to communicate with Senior Management to summarize issues and facilitate complex decision-making is an advantage.
- 3+ years of product development and product management experience
- Able to analyze voice of customer data and develop product plans/strategies to meet address market/customer needs.
- Able to achieve business objectives through influence.
- Hydronic or HVAC system knowledge.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- B2B experience required
- Up to 20% travel