Laboratory Technician 1 - Reagent Mfg
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 229490
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
This position, in the Walpole Manufacturing Organization, is responsible for manufacturing large scale immunoassay reagents, under cGMP regulations, intended for use in ADVIA Centaur systems diagnostics products.
In this position, the selected individual will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of reagent buffers used in the formulation of Centaur Solid Phase and Lite Reagents.
- Formulation of ADVIA Centaur Solid Phases and Lite Reagents
- Compile formulation batch records
- Perform Clean in Place activities associated with large scale manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory by accurately completing inventory management transactions in a timely manner.
- Routinely used equipment involved in operations include pH and conductivity meters, electronic balances, micropipettes, filtration equipment, incubation chambers, and various mixing equipment.
- Overtime, off-shift, and weekend work required on an as needed basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science, Chemistry, or related field of study
- Relevant Experience: 1 - 2 years manufacturing experience desired
- Strong mathematical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong mechanical and computer aptitude desired
- Ability to multi-task independently
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.