Paralegal and Regulatory Specialist
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 229535
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
The Paralegal and Regulatory Specialist will report directly to SGT VP, General Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer. This individual will be responsible for and involved in a wide range of legal and regulatory matters, including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, compliance projects, legal department operations, regulatory research and monitoring, maintenance of LC Dept. website and communication channels, reporting and other matters. The successful candidate will be a self-directed, highly organized, detail-oriented individual, with a customer-focused mindset and an ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Assist Legal department with regulatory research and regulatory filings, administration of compliance projects, and provision of paralegal research and support to members of the legal team and the business as assigned, as well as administration of company command media, approval process, and signatures.
· Monitor changes to government guidelines, regulations, and the FAR/DFARs and submit reports on changes or policy issues relevant to the company.
· Serve as project manager on compliance projects and initiatives, with a high level of organization and the ability to drive action. Assist the CCO in developing and maintaining internal compliance tools, auditing mechanisms, and internal training programs.
· Maintain legal archive documents and advise and assist on organizational document information and management practices
· Support maintenance of corporate governance and administration for relevant legal entities.
· Coordinate payment of applicable Legal Department invoices
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship and have the ability to obtain a US Government Clearance and meet the eligibility requirements to have access to classified documents.
· Five (5) or more years of demonstrable paralegal or equivalent experience
· Minimum five (5) years of experience as a paralegal and/or regulatory specialist, or equivalent experience, in a corporate and/or commercial practice in an in-house or general practice law firm (mid-size preferred) environment
· Paralegal certificate from recognized certification organization such as NALA or AACP, or undergraduate business-related degree preferred.
· A background in legal process and/or regulatory compliance would be helpful but is not required. Excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning and time management abilities
· Strong research and report-generating skills.
· Highly organized and superior attention to detail.
· Polished written and oral communication skills.
· Well-developed sense of collegiality and team-mindedness.
· Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Proficient in legal research (Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, etc.).
· Familiarity with a wide range of legal matters including corporate, commercial, litigation, regulatory and compliance issues.
· Highly skilled in standard office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.) and able to adapt quickly to new technologies deployed across the company and the legal department to drive efficiencies.
· Software and/or aerospace & defense industry experience a plus.
· VA Public notary is desirable.
Must be a United States Citizen with do dual citizenship with any other country, ties to any other country or in possession of a foreign visa. May be subject to a Government Security Investigation and at all times must meet eligibility for access to classified information. The position may eventually require a Top Secret level