Quality Control and Assurance Specialist
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 229536
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
The Quality Control and Assurance Specialist (QCA) is responsible for proactively identifying potential quality opportunities through the review and auditing of operational procedures, key performance metrics, and transactions, to ensure that operational processes are being executed in accordance with defined processes, policies and procedures, regulations, service level standards, and U.S. Government requirements. The QCA will administer the SGT Quality Management System (QMS), and support the company’s program, supply chain, and compliance efforts. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the SGT VP, General Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer.
· Management and administration of the SGT QMS with a proactive, action-oriented focus to exceed customer expectations, as well as industry and regulatory quality standards, through the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality standards, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agency quality requirements, as well as customer and internal company quality systems requirements.
· Development, administration, and tracking of quality system metrics such as Incident, Corrective and Preventive Action, customer complaint and/or issue resolution, and other quality metrics as needed to support management review or QMS data.
· Review and dispositioning of all certification documentation to meet accountability/quality requirements per ISO-9001 and related Quality standards.
· Conducting of audits and transactional reviews of, but not limited to:
o Operations workflow (including contractual and regulatory required quality requirements)
o Documentation processes
· Timeliness and accuracy of processes versus performance metric goals
· Assisting in documentation of QA and QC procedures and creating associated work instructions and standard operating procedures.
· Documentation and reporting of findings of identified opportunities for improvement and/or instances of variance from procedure in a timely manner
· Maintaining and processing red tag items or issues, CARs, NCAs, ECRs as directed by the CCO.
· Formulation of recommendations to improve team quality and track action/remediation efforts with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Collaboration with all SGT business areas to establish congruent quality efforts and appropriate knowledge awareness and transfer.
· Working closely and collaboratively with program management and business intelligence to identify and gather relevant data and conduct analyses on same for purposes of quality assurance, variance reviews, and continuous improvement.
· Must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain a United States Security clearance equivalent to a Top Secret level if later required.
· Five (5) or more years of demonstrable QC or QA experience.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Master’s degree or technical knowledge in relevant fields a plus.
· Experience working in aerospace and defense industry a plus.
· Quality control certification is highly preferred.
· Strong quality orientation including the ability to focus on details, accuracy, and adherence to standards.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
· Strong problem-solver with the ability to present issues clearly and provide answers
· Highly motivated and committed to excellence with a positive attitude
· Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs
Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to any other countries or foreign Visas. Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a United States Government Security Investigation and at all times must meet eligibility for access to classified information.