Design Engineer II - Fire & Security Systems
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 229550
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
• Receives project specifications from Engineering Supervisor, sales and service teams to design fire alarm and security systems using Siemens and/or other third party materials choosing the appropriate mix of products and installation methods.
• Prepares submittal packages, riser and floor plans and performs battery calculations
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks and to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
• May perform some field activities as required.
Required knowledge, skills, experience, and education:
• Bachelor’s or Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred
• NICET III or NICET IV required.
• 5+ years experience engineering fire safety systems or other fire systems related experience.
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design small jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.