Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 229553
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Corporation has an opening for a Tax Counsel in its Tax Department located in Iselin, New Jersey, reporting to the Director of Transactions Analysis.
Siemens Corporation is the holding company for all of the Siemens activities in the US. These activities S are carried out by over 35,000 employees, and encompass a variety of businesses in Power and Gas, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, and Process Industries and Drives. With revenues of approximately $16 billion, the Siemens group has a breadth of domestic and international tax related activities and challenges.
This Tax Counsel will engage in a variety of tax planning objectives for Siemens.
· Develop a thorough understanding of Company operations and financial reporting systems to proactively seek tax planning opportunities.
· Interpret tax laws and rulings to resolve questions from the business and senior management.
· Stay current on proposed and final tax law changes and work with strategic business partners to promote awareness and assess potential impacts to Siemens from such changes.
· Establish and maintain relationships with outside advisors to assess beneficial tax strategies for the Company. Manage interactions with outside advisors during the proposal and project phases of a particular engagement.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Dispositions, Joint Ventures & Corporate Integration :
· Work with cross functional teams to facilitate the planning and implementation of mergers acquisitions and divestures in a tax efficient manager.
· Provide guidance and planning with respect to Company participation joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
· Provide tax support in post-acquisition business integration.
· Interface with the Tax Compliance Team to insure that all required statements and elections regarding transactions are properly included in the Company’s tax filings.
· Collaborate with other Tax Department functions on a variety of special projects including Competent Authority proceedings, valuations, and transfer pricing.
· 10 plus years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the tax function in industry, a law firm, and/or public accounting firm.
· Juris Doctor required and barred to practice law in-house.
· LLM in Taxation and/or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a proactive personality including the ability to interact effectively within all levels of management. The ability to convey complex tax concepts in plain English is optimal.
· Strong technical tax and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate, negotiate, influence and implement change within the tax organization and other Company units.
· Ability to work independently