Sr. Energy Engineer - HVAC
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229560
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Pensacola
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Alabama-Mobile
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
Design, develop or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building or remodeling stages of construction. May specialize in electrical systems; heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems: green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
· Make recommendations regarding energy fuel selection
· Prepare project reports and other program or technical documentation.
· Review and consult on energy purchase agreements. Will also be involved with the utility budgeting and analysis of projected energy usage/changes related to construction projects.
· Train personnel or clients on topics related to energy management as needed.
· Consult on energy management routines for building automation systems.
· Conduct onsite observations, field inspections, or sub-metering to collect data for energy conservation analysis.
· Perform energy modeling, measurement, and verification, commissioning/retro-commissioning.
· Direct the work of contractors and staff in the implementation of energy management projects.
· Monitor, analyze and present KPIs/reports and dissemination of said information to necessary customer points of contact.
· Provide analysis of data for financial reconciliation as needed regarding any projects or initiatives which require detailed tracking.
· Manage and ensure effective support for key energy service offerings such as Utility Bill Management, Sustainability and Energy Management, Navigator and associated components. This will include management of the energy curtailment programs, i.e., 4CP and ERCOT ERS programs as well as recommendations of other programs to lower customer's energy usage for electric, water, and natural gas.
· Analyze, interpret or create graphical representations of energy data, using proprietary or available engineering software.
· Conduct research or collect data for identification of Energy Service project development.
· Provide consultation to customer and other engineers on topics such as energy modeling, data logging, sustainable design and energy auditing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A Bachelor's of Science Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is required. Preferred specialization in mathematics or finance.
· 5+yrs advanced specialization in energy or financial modeling.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Ability to travel 50+% of the time.
· More than 5 years experience HVAC and Temperature Controls. Extensive experience (HVAC design, commissioning, or service technicians) will also be considered in lieu of an engineering degree.
· Extensive knowledge of mechanical systems required –
o Air Side Systems including Dual Duct, Multizone, VAV, VRF, DOA,
o Air and Water Cooled Chilled Water Plants
o Boiler Plants (Steam and Hot Water)
o Pumping and Piping Systems
o Domestic Hot Water Systems
o Terminal Equipment and Controllers including VAV Reheat, Fan Coil Units, VRF Cartridges, etc.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· MBA in business or finance is preferred.
· Critical thinking, complex problem solving, operations analysis, data modeling, highly advanced skills in Excel, active listening, extremely effective communication.
· Accreditation for Existing Building Commissioning from a National Body (AEE, ASHRAE, AABC, BCA, or equivalent)
· Preferred is a P.E. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering