Service Technician - Building Automation/HVAC Controls - Chantilly, VA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229575
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Chantilly
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Building Automation Controls Specialist to work on semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls on Building Automation Systems. Are you ready to make history with us?
Do you enjoy spending time resolving complex problems? As a Controls Specialist, you will participate in responding to service calls for issues, training customers on our automation products and services, performing maintenance on tools, testing equipment, and maintaining documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures. We will provide structured training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and our Specialist role. In addition, you will assess the product/equipment performance and make recommendations for modification or improvements. You will also perform technical service agreement tasks and schedule assignments to ensure that the energy management systems is properly maintained and operating correctly. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and these would be handled during the day and after hours.
Other tasks include:
- Checking indicated point of trouble and analyzing full requirements of the system and checking/testing the system components.
- Diagnosing trouble or defects and establish corrective action and repairs for the system.
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on the building automation system and components according to the service agreement contracts.
Do you want to make an impact directly to the business? You will be the one to make sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers. Afraid of making mistakes? We will set you up with a mentor who will work with you, as you ramp up your knowledge and become adjusted with your new role.
Many more exciting tasks await you. So if you are looking to bring your ingenuity to Siemens, we want to see your resume.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of automation systems, mechanical systems, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Building automation industry engineering and programming background.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Networking experience in Microsoft products. Sequel server preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer relation skills.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legally authorized for work in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Information Technology (IT) background.
- Associate Degree or 2 year technical degree (Mechanical) or equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Integration experience with BACNET, MODBUS, Etc…
- Control vendor experience preferred. Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, Etc…
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers desired.
- Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.