HVAC Controls Technician II
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 229577
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Building Technologies group within the Colorado Springs office is growing! We are looking to add a HVAC Controls Technician II who will performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. This position provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
· Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
· Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
· Perform network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
· Implement graphical user interface (GUI).
· Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete startup of typical systems.
- Operate PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+yrs experience with BacNet MSTP, BacNet IP and Modbus field level networks
- Flexible workflow practices and great communication skills
- Abstract and creative troubleshooting skills are a must
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred.