Automation Testing Tool Developer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 229589
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
This position includes design, implementation, and execution of automated performance / scalability benchmarks for the Siemens PLM multi-tier product suite, using commercial and/or internal tools. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing automated test environment management systems as well as automating the post-processing of results data, and integration with metrics collection / results publication systems. Emphasis is on building and using automated, repeatable tools and processes to monitor Siemens PLM product performance / scalability during the development cycle.
Position responsibilities include:
• Design & create automated performance & scalability benchmarks using a variety of commercial tools as well as UNIX and Windows scripts.
• Define & create experimental product data as required (i.e. metadata and data files)
• Execute scalability and/or performance benchmarks including collection and post-processing of performance data and system utilization information.
• Work with Development team to diagnosis performance issues detected in performance environment or in Production.
• Create or update specifications and reports in Microsoft Office as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent degree in information systems, computer sciences, or equivalent.
• 3 years experience automating system or application software testing performance and/or scalability testing automation experience
• Experience with one or more software testing automation tools such as Rational Performance Tester or Rational Functional Tester, SilkPerformer, SilkTest, QA Wizard, LoadRunner, or QuickTest Professional.
• Ability to follow formal benchmark specifications and implement performance / scalability scenarios in the appropriate tool(s)
• Demonstrated verbal communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated process automation experience
• Experience with Unix and Windows systems
Desirable skills and experience:
• Knowledge of one or more Teamcenter products desirable
• Experience with development of one or more Teamcenter products highly desirable
• Understanding of and CPU, memory, and I/O utilization, as well as network throughput, latency.