C++ Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 229597
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Waltham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Join a fast-paced agile team and help develop new and powerful CAD based applications. Collaborate with developers, validation engineers, product management, and customers to design and develop an end-to-end solution for complex assembly design and manufacturing. Assist with building a new next generation NX application. This position reports to the product development manager within the Specialized Engineering Software organization responsible for this new application.
• Participate in a cross functional agile development squad, finding new and innovative ways to help the team succeed.
• Assist in the breakdown of large enhancements into small incrementally deliverable features.
• Design, implement and code new features that advance the capabilities of this new solution.
• Develop test plans and implement automated tests with validation engineers to ensure high product quality.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, with an emphasis on programming skills
• Strong knowledge of C++. Minimum of 2+ years of programming experience.
• Proficiency with Python
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capable teammate willing to take on additional responsibilities to help make the team successful.
• An inquisitive mind and desire to learn new skills quickly
• Development experience with relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, SQLite, MYSQL)
• Agile development experience (Kanban, Scrum)
• Experience working with a complex CAD solution (NX, Catia, Creo, AutoCAD)
Want to learn more about Siemens PLM...take a look at this video!