Technical Product Manager Advanced, STAR-CCM+ SaaS solutions
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 229598
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Other Locations: United States--, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon, United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens PLM Software’s STAR-CCM+ Technical Product Management group is seeking dynamic and motivated professionals to expand the team of Product Managers. The team is responsible for managing and communicating customer and market requirements, helping shape product direction, as well as promoting and educating the field on the latest product features and enhancements.
This particular role is an exciting opportunity to help shape STAR-CCM+’s long term SaaS strategy and the successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team. They must be passionate about creating best in class solutions and have a strong vision for the product and be able to champion it to both internal and external stakeholders. A knowledge of cloud architecture and SaaS technology is essential as is a desire to work closely with development teams in shaping new and innovative solutions to CAE on the cloud.
• Interact with customer support and business development teams to identify users’ and market requirements
• Work closely with customers to understand how SaaS technology might be effectively deployed to solve their engineering challenges
• Understand customers’ use cases, elaborate and communicate them to the software development organization
• Prioritize software requests and work with development teams to plan future product content, new features, and enhancements
• Work with hardware and software partners to understand and deliver a best in class SaaS offering
• Champion the product to customers and internal stakeholders
• Contribute to the long term product strategy
• Report progress of STAR-CCM+ upcoming releases to the rest of the organization
• Build go-to-market materials in collaboration with the marketing team
• Promote benefits of new STAR-CCM+ versions both internally and to our customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a software environment with experience in technical product management and it’s its processes
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years additional work experience
• Knowledge/understanding of SaaS models for product implementation, licensing/delivery, and pricing
• Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver clear, concise presentations
• Willing to tackle new challenges as part of a team or independently
• Highly motivated, able to show initiative and accountability within a dynamic work environment
• Able to travel internationally
• Experience with CAE simulation required; experience with STAR-CCM+ highly desirable
Various locations are available for this position in the USA.